NEW STUDENT FAQ
What Age and Level of Student do you Accept?
- I accept beginning to advanced violin and viola students ages 5-18. Beginning students ages 5-11 are required to begin in the SDSU String Academy for the reasons in this post.
- I occasionally accept advanced adult students, by audition only.
- If you are interested in lessons for your child, please contact me for more information.
What are your Rates?
For current rates please visit the tuition page at the SDSU Community Music School.
Where do you Teach?
I teach through the SDSU Community Music School. My studio is room M241 in San Diego State University's School of Music and Dance.
The closest available parking is at Parking Structure 4 (big "4" on the map)
Directions to the structure from Interstate 8 Eastbound:
- Exit College Avenue.
- Turn Right onto College Ave.
- Make the first right at Canyon Crest Drive.
- Follow Canyon Crest Drive for about 1/2 mile. It goes straight for a while then winds around left up a hill.
- At the stop sign, make a right onto Aztec Circle Drive.
- Go through another stop sign, you will pass Viejas arena on your left. At the next stop sign make a right into Parking Structure 12 (you will enter on the 4th floor)
- Proceed to the top floor (level 8). There is a kiosk near the elevators close to Viejas Arena where you can purchase parking permits for $2/hr.
- Take the land bridge (not the one near the elevators) into the school. The music school is the first large two story building on the right.
- Stairs are located on the outside of the building. Take the stairs near the vending machines, turn left, and my office, M241, is the second door on the left.
Here's a map of SDSU to help you navigate the campus.
How do I Schedule a Lesson?
I will work with the student/parent to find a weekly time that is convenient for both of us. I teach Monday through Saturday.
What is your Make-Up Lesson/Cancellation Policy?
This is Community Music School's policy on make-up lessons:
Teachers are not obligated to make up lessons/classes/sessions missed by students. One make-up lesson per semester can be scheduled at the teacher’s discretion for private lessons. Students are requested to give at least a 24-hour notice of cancellation. Please be sure to contact the teacher directly. Classes/lessons/sessions missed due to faculty absence or school closings will be rescheduled at a mutually convenient time.
What are your Payment Policies?
Lesson tuition is paid monthly or per 14 week semester by cash, check made out to "SDSU Foundation", or with a credit card at this link. If you elect to pay monthly you must pay the month's tuition at the first lesson of that month.